bank appraisal or bpo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bank appraisal or bpo

So we received a full asking price offer a month or so ago....last week we were pushing paperwork back and forth with the bank. Today the agent called and was trying to set up an appointment for the bank to do their appraisal.. Any tips out there to ensure that this appraisal comes in at the same or less than our offer? I know when we were showing the house we made sure it was clean and organized....i had planned on not worrying about cleaning up, but i don't think that'll have much bearing...i an looking for anything that makes the house a little less appealing....or any other tips or tricks
    Filed 9/14/2012 341 10/23/2012 Discharged 01/02/2013 Closed 01/07/2013

You are looking for a lowball number? Make sure they actually come INTO the house while you are there, walking thru with them and pointing out old appliances and issues needing repair.
    There will be other more creative ideas I am sure. Maybe a pot of something...umm... "fragrant"... boiling away? Borrow a half dozen cats? Leave dirty socks lying around....a few empty beer cans and whisky bottles....don't take the trash out

Good luck, keep us posted!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

A skunk moved in under our house before the appraisal. She was sweet enough to point it out. We wanted a high one in that case.

Not-so-shiny appliances look older, cluttered rooms look smaller (and more difficult to take a tape measure to), any closet doors or other doors not hanging perfect? leave them open, overgrown weeds/landscaping if possible, un-vacuumed/track marked carpet looks older. Remove anything hanging that may reveal not-so-perfect walls. Can you replace any lighting or window treatments w/older ones? Good luck!
      BK7 Filed 7/10/12 • 341 8/15/12 • Discharged 10/17/12 • Closed 5/6/13 Thanks to everyone here!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X