Foreclosure on credit report, but not served

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreclosure on credit report, but not served

Just checked my credit report and for my mortgage and the status has Foreclosure proceedings started. And it looks like this has been the status since Aug 2012. I have not been served at all. Is it true that I am not official in foreclosure unless I am served with court papers?

I know in New York it take years to go through FC, is this years from when served or is my clock running now?

I would not count on that , I would check the county records as to the process you are in. The clock could be running.
    chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Same situation here...FC on credit report just after discharge, but no NOD. I checked county records too, but had also gotten form letter from lender offering fc avoidance options

Comment

Thanks knitty, how are county records checked. Is this info online, or do they give you info over the phone or do you have to go to the county office?

I also got loan mod paperwork to send in.

Comment

Google your county clerk of circuit court and then once you get their website, it would be civil records, type in your name. Most counties have online access.
          chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Couldn't find anything on my county, I will call them.

I don't know what kind of source realty trac is but searching for FC in my town came up with 87 and nothing on my street.

Comment

Originally posted by Floridagail View Post
              Google your county clerk of circuit court and then once you get their website, it would be civil records, type in your name. Most counties have online access.
              Originally posted by Jf24 View Post
              Couldn't find anything on my county, I will call them.
              The name of the office that maintains real estate records will vary by state. Also try searching for "[name of county] county recorder" or "[name of county] real estate records". You will find results from companies that charge to get information that you may be able to get directly from the county. So, make sure you start with a government website. If you can't download info online, they will tell you how to get the info.
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Gotta call or go into the office in NY. Unfortunately they are not like FLA where all their records are online. the sunshine state public records law is actually not a common one and we fla people take advantage of it for sure.

That being said, a call to the clerk will tell you how to track the info down.

as for realty trac, they are just another big database co. idk how far behind they are these days. they may also not be reporting LP and only picking up sales? it has been a while since i have worked with any of their info.

GL

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X