Is This Typical?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is This Typical?

I've already received a summons for foreclosure lawsuit from Chase. Today I received a Federal Express letter from them, stating that I've been pre-approved for a loan modification! This makes no sense! Is Chase really that dim??

yes, i had chase and right in the middle of our loan mod they served us with the summons as well. although the mod loan officer said that's not suppose to happen if you are in the process of moderation, it did to us. even tho you are not going through the process as yet, (if you intend to keep you home or are attempting to save it), chase doesn't know what the other hand is doing.

we got served, packed up and left our home of over 30 years , that was 5 years ago and chase still hasn't foreclosed.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
      yes, i had chase and right in the middle of our loan mod they served us with the summons as well. although the mod loan officer said that's not suppose to happen if you are in the process of moderation, it did to us. even tho you are not going through the process as yet, (if you intend to keep you home or are attempting to save it), chase doesn't know what the other hand is doing.

we got served, packed up and left our home of over 30 years , that was 5 years ago and chase still hasn't foreclosed.

We moved out in the middle of January this year and have no intention of contesting the foreclosure; we WANT them to take the house back. I think it's funny how we keep getting notes on the door knob, "You still have options!" and "We can help you save your house!" What part of 'we've left and moved to another city 23 miles away' don't these morons understand?

Comment

Originally posted by ohheckno View Post
        We moved out in the middle of January this year and have no intention of contesting the foreclosure; we WANT them to take the house back. I think it's funny how we keep getting notes on the door knob, "You still have options!" and "We can help you save your house!" What part of 'we've left and moved to another city 23 miles away' don't these morons understand?

P. S. I still have a few things in the house I'm interested in keeping so I go back once a week or so. They're leaving the notes on the house, not where we are now, LOL!

Comment

well i wouldn't wait too long, i think it was like two weeks before they changed the locks on the doors, so try and get everything out as soon as you can!

LOL!!! ok so we are out of the house i would say 4.5 years and they call me at our new house in another state. this is after our bk, after they sent the summons, after they changed the locks etc. so they call and say....so what is your intention with the house???? WHaT??? so i said and what is it about the word surrender you don't understand. now, what the legal term for surrender means is making the property available to the creditor for repossession, it doesn't necessary mean what you and i consider as surrendering such as throwing your hands in the air and saying ok we are so done.

i just couldn't believe it. i said really are you crazy or what. you threaten, call 10 times a day, for months on end, i was with you over 25 years you wouldn't help us when we got sick and then lost our jobs and now you are asking WHAT???

they are just too much aren''t they??
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
            well i wouldn't wait too long, i think it was like two weeks before they changed the locks on the doors, so try and get everything out as soon as you can!

LOL!!! ok so we are out of the house i would say 4.5 years and they call me at our new house in another state. this is after our bk, after they sent the summons, after they changed the locks etc. so they call and say....so what is your intention with the house???? WHaT??? so i said and what is it about the word surrender you don't understand. now, what the legal term for surrender means is making the property available to the creditor for repossession, it doesn't necessary mean what you and i consider as surrendering such as throwing your hands in the air and saying ok we are so done.

i just couldn't believe it. i said really are you crazy or what. you threaten, call 10 times a day, for months on end, i was with you over 25 years you wouldn't help us when we got sick and then lost our jobs and now you are asking WHAT???

they are just too much aren''t they??
            They truly are idiots. I drove past the house today and the grass (weeds!) is getting out of hand. I've asked my neighbor if his son would cut the grass for me. (I'd pay him, of course.) I'm afraid I'll get a citation after reading what our former township's regulations were. I wish Chase would handle it. They mentioned maintenance of the property in one of their infamous letters to us, so are we still responsible?

Comment

My bank told me when I submitted my hardship packet that the foreclosure process would still go forward.

Comment

I played the mod game with Chase for 2 years and then I quit! Was sick of faxing the same paperwork every month.

Comment

Originally posted by sh1035 View Post
                  I played the mod game with Chase for 2 years and then I quit! Was sick of faxing the same paperwork every month.
                  Oh, I have no intention of doing a modification. In fact, I haven't even talked to these jokers since the whole process of bk began. They called a few times but the calls were replaced with letters. I've basically ignored them.

Comment

Originally posted by ohheckno View Post
                    They truly are idiots. I drove past the house today and the grass (weeds!) is getting out of hand. I've asked my neighbor if his son would cut the grass for me. (I'd pay him, of course.) I'm afraid I'll get a citation after reading what our former township's regulations were. I wish Chase would handle it. They mentioned maintenance of the property in one of their infamous letters to us, so are we still responsible?
                    that's a good idea especially if the town can bill you for the costs!!

DYLAN150: i was advised that while one is in the process of loan modification all foreclosure action is suppose to stop. it's a provision of HAMP, or suppose to be. however, i agree with what you say, it will not and does not stop the foreclosure process, because as usual, the banks ignore the law or the instructions from HAMP. i have never seen it written one way or another, but i was advised by my HAMP loan officer that he said it would never happened....i was served about 4 weeks into the mod process.

Comment

Originally posted by sh1035 View Post
                      we were one of the first applications taken with chase who opened satellite offices to accommodate those who were going to be applying. i gather all my paperwork and made a list, on that list i made the loan officer initial each and every item he rec'd. LOL!!! i think it wasn't 24 hours before i got a call for item number 3. what jerks, incompetent people or so i thought. this guy was not dumb. of course later to read on this exact site that those people were paid to fudge the applications and to give people the runaround. i called their bluff and ended up packing it up and leaving our home of 30 plus years. i still have the final email i sent and the response from the chase guy. saying oh no don't leave...really, after you serve me and tell me i have 30 days to answer or leave. and, yes, of course i knew we lived in a judicial state and it could take years (and it has) for them to actually foreclose, but enough was enough. now i think they can't even sell the house because of the water problems black mold and of course there is that tree growing on the first floor, someone told me it's a really nice tree LOL!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X