Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreclosure FINAL JOURNAL ENTRY OF JUDGMENT question

Hi guys,

I have a few questions regarding our foreclosure.

This is on the OCIS case summary for my county re our foreclosure: "FINAL JOURNAL ENTRY OF JUDGMENT BY PLF IN REM FROM DEFS SUM OF $112,354.67 + INT COST ATTY FEES $900.00"
    My question is, do we have to pay the $900.00 atty fees, or will that be recouped by the sale of the house?

Also re, "APPRAISEMENT OF PROPERTY OR MERCHANDISE <.. $90,000..>APPRAISERS>>SALE SET FOR OCTOBER 29, 2013", is this finally coming to an end if the house sells on Oct. 29th and how do I found out if it does or doesn't sell?

We walked away from the house after our bankruptcy in December and since then we are long gone living in another state. We are SO ready for this to wrap up..

Thank you!
    Last edited by gemsnroses00; 09-24-2013, 04:14 AM. Reason: took names out

No, you do not have to pay anything. The judgment is "in rem" meaning against the property--not against you personally. The bankruptcy relieved you of personal responsibility for the mortgage, including any foreclosure costs, deficiency balance, or lender-placed insurance. The only thing you may owe is HOA dues, if the home is located in a community with an HOA. Some HOA's will aggressively try to collect dues from homeowners who have surrendered their house in bankruptcy, and don't live there anymore. If there is no HOA, then you're home free.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X