top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do You Know If Your House Sells At Auction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Do You Know If Your House Sells At Auction?

I am in Florida. My HOA foreclosure hearing was in January and I have a copy of the judgment the HOA lawyer sent me that tells me my house will go to auction at the end of March. How will I know if my house sells and the amount? Do I call the county clerk? I don't even see the house in the foreclosure listing on the county website. Maybe it takes time for the county to enter it in after the hearing. Is there a way I can see the bids? Thanks!

I think after the certificate of title switches over to the new owner, it will say the sale amount and name of new owner of the property on the county's Property Appraisers website. I don't know of a quicker and easier way than that though. And I don't know how to see bids.

Comment

In our county foreclosure sales are done with the sheriff's department. You can attend the sale or once the auction is complete they post the outcomes on their website which lists all the foreclosure for that day (ours are done every Friday morning at 9:00 am). Find out who does the auctions in your county and see if they have a website, if not then just call them at the end of the auction date and ask what happened (if it sold or not). Also find out what the next step is and the timeline for deed transfer. Good Luck!

Comment

in florida which is a judicial state it takes years to foreclose, so i guess you will moving soon. how do you know if it sells? why may i ask?

it can be purchased back to the bank and the title changes as soon as that happens. please do not decide to wait that long to move as a foreclosure is a hard enough hit, you do not need an eviction on your record as well. you can go to on line to the county clerks site and look up when the deed transferred in most states. although we filed in florida, we were able to see the filing of the foreclosure (although it never happened). if you can't find the info on the site make a call to the clerks office and see if the need deed was filed.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X