Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just need some advice!!

New here so Ty for your time...

So about 2 years ago I got a great job with a great income, so I over did it. My wife is a stay at home mom as we live where only mine jobs and with my hrs it would cost more for daycare then she would make if she could find work. So I'm upside down on a truck over $15000 have bout $4000 in cc debt and ready for this!!!! I had a heart attack Aug 1st and local hospital had me transported to a hospital not in my NETWORK, i have over $65000 so far in medical.

A would just voluntary repo but in NV they can attach my wages, and that would end us, we own the house, a trailer $200 a month a jeep $200 a month pretty much all we would want to keep. I don't know if that seems like enough to file? I just don't know if I can take the chance of them attaching my wages.

So do I get a lawyer to go after my ins? Or to file BK?? The medical has destroyed my credit already. So if I just stopped its only 7 years. I just don't know what to do. I bring home bout $4500 and just my bills are around $4100. Not including feeding my wife and kids.

Thanx in advance. I'm just confused at what route to go and sinking fast. $7000 of $10000 in tax refund GONE already.

TC

How is your health right now? Do you anticipate incurring any more medical expenses in the near future? If your health has improved, and you do not need ongoing medical care, then filing for bankruptcy now could be a wise decision. Of course, you should consult with an attorney to determine if your state's exemptions will cover your house and any other property which you need to keep.

BTW, I'm not sure what you mean by "I don't know if that seems like enough to file". It sounds like you have well over $100,000 of dischargeable debt--medical bills, credit cards, and the truck which you want to surrender. That's plenty of debt to file for bankruptcy over!

Comment

My health is good as far as I know. Dr says my heart is 100% now. Just sucks an emergency and I'm stuck with over $65000 I didn't have a choice where they went me, they had all my ins info. Yet I get screwed. I'm only 43 so hope my health is ok for some years. Thanx I guess next step is a consult.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X