top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hired Attorney but feel like I'm filing by myself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hired Attorney but feel like I'm filing by myself?

Hi All,

I was planning on filing pro se but since I found a job don't have the time necessary so I hired an attorney. Right after I was sent an online questionnaire to fill out which to me looks exactly like the best case type software where I fill out everything myself. I'm sure it will be reviewed for errors but is this typical?

Also I was told if I wanted to remove a lien from my home I had to pay an extra $500 or it would cost me more to file to remove after discharge. Thoughts on this would be appreciated.

I plan on filing by the end of this month.

Are you filing a Chap 7 or 13. If a Chap 7, I assume the lien is an involuntary lien filed by a judgement creditor. $500 sounds reasonable. If it is for stripping a lien in Chap 13, $500 is a bargain.

Have you actually met with this attorney? If you have really hired an attorney who you have met with and not a document preparation service or an online mill where you never meet face to face with anyone, then I am not concerned about an online form as long as the attorney is reviewing your information. I just checked the bestcase website and they do have an online client questionnaire feature.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

A paralegal took info from me and entered it into some software. Only after he had it all entered did a lawyer take a look at it.
      Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X