Overkill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overkill?

I have been putting all my debt, income, and bills into spreadsheet form before I meet with lawyers to choose one. Is this overkill? I feel like I should be over prepared during this process than under prepared.

I don't think it is overkill. I did the same thing and emailed the spreadsheet to attorneys before my appoinments. It made consultations very productive. The attorney I hired told me that I did most of his work!

Mine included one sheet with all monthly payments and bills and balances on all accounts with account numbers. A second sheet included information from my last 12 month pay stubs starting with gross income and subtracting deductions to result in the net check and then included 6 month and 12 month totals.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I got pretty much the same, LadyintheRed. Mine should be a no asset ch 7. Well below the means. What bothers me is the fact that I get about 12k a year in student loans. I know they cannot be discharged, I am just worried that I will not qualify since I receive student loans. I just over worry.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X