Creditor Objection to Large Charges/Loans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditor Objection to Large Charges/Loans

So in over my head in debt, I am contemplating the thought of filing for bk. One concern I have is possibility of creditor objection. I made a large one time charge of $4000 for dental work 14+ months ago. I also took out a $19000 debt consolidation loan 14+ months ago in an attempt to get all of my credit card debt down. Unfortunately, that did not work, and now all of those cc have balances again.....so I am in even more debt. If I were to file, would these two items be disputed by the creditors?

If you have been making payments on that dental debt, I would not worry about any creditor objection. I would, similarly, not worry about the consolidation loan either. The creditor would need to prove fraud. It's not fraudulent to try to consolidate debt and make payments and find out later that you can't afford it.

The concern would only be recent purchases, 90 days before filing, that were obviously for luxury goods or services.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you justbroke! That eases my mind quite a bit.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X