Chap 7 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chap 7 Questions

Im new here to forum and filing Pro Se, I have a few questions about filling out the paperwork. First of all, do the documents have to be typed? There isn't enough room for typing everything in on the us courts bankruptcy pages, can i type the remainder of what doesn't fit in those tiny boxes on a seperate sheet of paper and just refer to that page? Second, some creditors don't have account numbers and I don't know the exact dates of occurence, can i just put the year I think it incurred or do i have to figure out the exact date? Also some amounts I'm also guessing, and don't actually know the exact amount, mostly due to finance charges added etc. I tried to search for this topic already and only found one post that was asking the same thing, but no one answered the poster. Thanks for your help

I think i figured out the typing situation, but any help with the rest would be appreciated.

Comment

Suggestions? If there are fill-able forms, use those. You can use continuation sheets as well. Some forms have pre-made continuation sheets. If the form doesn't have a continuation sheet, you'll need to make one (or more) where you run out of room.

If you don't know the account number, just put UNK or UNKNOWN. It's more about the notification and all the creditors that are on your mailing matrix will get your un-redacted (full) social security number.

You just need to be "general" with the dates. I usually just put 1/2016 or 1/2015 for the year in which incurred since "some" purchases are on revolving accounts.

Are you using a guide book such as the one from Nolo? If not, you should be using a guide book to do this.

Last edited by justbroke; 02-05-2017, 12:26 PM.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Yes, I have the Nolo for chapter 7, plus using many, many, other resources, so much info my head is spinning. Thanks for your help.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X