SecondTime Filing For Hubby and Myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SecondTime Filing For Hubby and Myself

Hello to all. It's my 2nd time around for me and my husband and are looking to file Chapter 13. Medical bills, job loss, bad spending, and horrible economy. I kind of know most of the rules but has much changed? Hubby had filed in 2006 due to his first marriage and I filed in 2008 so we're past the cutoff. I cannot keep up with credit cards (2), student loan, medical bills, and now one of the CC companies is sending me a summons to go to court.

I remember feeling elated when bankruptcy went through and here I am again. I'm scared...can you believe?? I kinda know what's going to happen but I'm scared. I feel pretty helpless. I worry because we took a 3 day vacation very cheaply a couple months ago and I'm scared they will turn us down for not trying to pay on our debt.

We have about $32,000 in debt. I have $18,000 in student loans left and it's suffering because I can't keep up. I'm working to lower that because I know I can't charge that off.

So.....deep breath. Advice? Thoughts? Why do i feel embarrassed? We have to dig our way out. Thanks for listening.

This is our 2nd time to, we filed back in 2001. We make about the same as last time, but back then it was only my husband working and he had a better job with lots of OT, yet this time we don't qualify for a chapter 7. That's just as well, I guess, because from the little I understand, we have lots of tax debt and that has to be paid back at 100%. If we didn't have so much medical debt, I'd just call one of those lawyers that help settle tax debt.

The worst part for us is all the student loan debt. I hate that it can't be discharged. I will literally go to my grave with my student loan debt. I'm 45 with a job that pays 50k and I owe over $200k. I. will. never. get. that. paid. off.

Comment

Vball please re-read the Forum rules on posting to old threads. Many users come and go and opening an old thread will likely not lead to any answers or be helpful to newer users.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X