BK timeline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BK timeline?

I'm still not sure if I will end up filing. Lawyer confirmed I will get to keep my house, car, and my tax return that I will recieve in 2020 on the wildcard.

I know the 90/70 day but I'm not sure when I should apply if I do based on cards. I just recently started missing payments and not sure I can ever get myself back on track. I kept track of all my cards, what's owed, last time used and last time paid. I'm kind of freaking out over missing payments but I dont want anyone to think I didnt indent on paying. I did and I do and had life kick me and ended up here feeling defeated. My min payments are $989, and doesnt even include mortgage, utilities or groceries. After mortgage and utilities I'm left with $150 for groceries for the of 4 of us and gas to get to work and kids to school.

Suggestions based off card usage? Should I keep paying the cards until up until filing if I decide to? I've missed some that I know I can never get caught up. When does one quit paying cards if they know they are filing?

File before ir after income taxes are filed? File before you recieve the refund or after?

Well it sounds to me like if you say you have card balances you are sure you can never catch up on then filing is your only option . Eventually judgements will probably come on those unpaid cards, who knows when. Personally I’d stop paying the cards and quit using them at least 4 months before filing unless it is extreme need , food, gas for work etc. no luxury or large charges at all, of course you already know you shouldn’t be doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Layla55 View Post
      Well it sounds to me like if you say you have card balances you are sure you can never catch up on then filing is your only option . Eventually judgements will probably come on those unpaid cards, who knows when. Personally I’d stop paying the cards and quit using them at least 4 months before filing unless it is extreme need , food, gas for work etc. no luxury or large charges at all, of course you already know you shouldn’t be doing that.
      Thank you for responding. I think I just needed someone else to make some logical sense out of this for me. In my mind, I think I was being stupid. I kept trying to figure out ways to get caught up, including trying to find a way to consolidate everything which of course, still would have had a hefty payment on it to begin with. I think my biggest concern that is holding me back is knowing at some point a judgement could come on an unpaid card. It's the uncertainty, I think, of not knowing what's going to happen or when.

Comment

Filing bk is a very tough decision, it take a hit on your self worth. I had cards/ credit lines in good standing for 15 years. Things change. You have to look at it as a business decision to resolve a problem that’s not going anywhere. I really don’t want anyone close to me to know I had to file a bk, if a friend or family does find out I’m ready to say I made the choice and if you have a problem or need to judge me you can hang with someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Layla55 View Post
          Filing bk is a very tough decision, it take a hit on your self worth. I had cards/ credit lines in good standing for 15 years. Things change. You have to look at it as a business decision to resolve a problem that’s not going anywhere. I really don’t want anyone close to me to know I had to file a bk, if a friend or family does find out I’m ready to say I made the choice and if you have a problem or need to judge me you can hang with someone else.
          I am so glad you understand where I am coming from. Right now my biggest concern is family find out. It would certainly cause a lot of turmoil that I don't think I could mentally handle right now. That and I start to freak out at the idea of the 341 meeting and if anyone would happen to show up. I don't do well in confrontation cases and it just makes me uneasy all together.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X