Help! Need to refinance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Need to refinance!

My 7 was final in July of 2019 and my divorce was final 2 days ago. I need to refinance and don’t know where to go since I can’t go through a bank till next July. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

You will have to wait, unless you find a bank/lender that does non-qualified mortgages (aka Non-QM). They usually have a higher interest rate and they usually have a maximum LTV/CLTV (loan-to-value/combined-loan-to-value) near or below 90%.

I have not used one. You'll likely need a broker to "shop" the mortgage around and you'll need a really good middle score (640+ but for higher LTV, and 1-day out from bankruptcy, the higher the score the better). Additionally, due to the pandemic, lending is tightening and those that still have products on the market have stopped offering certain "risk" products.

Welcome to BKForum.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X