Tax changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax changes

I filed my 2020 taxes early, before the American Rescue Act - so now, instead of owing money, I will be getting a refund (due to the amount of UE income that is now deemed not taxable income). IRS states they will make these adjustments and advised not filing an amendment in most cases. My 341 meeting will most likely occur before my refund is received.

Should I just go ahead and submit my return to the trustee as originally filed? It will show I owe money (which is not correct now), but I don't know what else to do.

My refund has been accounted for on my BK paperwork, it is just complicated by the fact that tax return is showing I owe money.

I assume this is a common question these days with so many folks who were unemployed filing BK, so I probably am overthinking it.

Hi..2020 is the year of confusion. When will you be filing? Do you have an attorney? If you do..I would ask him/her how to proceed. Don’t overthink it cause nothing is straightforward right now.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Hi Sophieanne,

I already filed Pro Se, can't afford a lawyer (I am not being frugal, I literally can't afford one). I am in the midst of preparing my docs to send over to the trustee.

I guess I will just send it as I filed it since that is the official tax return. I will assume the trustee is up on these changes since they impact so many people.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X