Chapter 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 7

My chapter 7 was discharged and the attorney did not list some assets to be discharged this is a 2018 case the lawyer does tell me that it was discharged even if it was not if it was not on the list of debtors. Had numerous issues with the attorney as He has been sanctioned numerous times Looking for thoughts for thoughts thank you in advance

Welcome to BKForum.

I don't know what you mean be assets discharged. Do you mean claims (creditor claims) that were not listed? If you failed to list creditors in a no-asset Chapter 7 case, then that does discharge all debts which arose prior to the filing of the case. Many bankruptcy district courts won't even allow a debtor to re-open a no-asset Chapter 7 case to add a creditor because it's simply pointless as the law already discharges everything.

However, if you were in an asset Chapter 7 case which had distributions, there is still nothing you can do. The claims which were not listed would not be discharged.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you fo your response sorry I worded it wrong the bankruptcy was discharged in 2018 and no assets had to be sold to pay any creditors.. everything was discharged However some of my time shares that were supposed to be discharged were not on the list now are they coming after me for fees the attorney says they were discharged however they're still showing up and being reported to credit bureaus and I am gonna send the the bankruptcy discharge documents.

Comment

Yes, the process is to send the discharge documents to them. If they continue, contact your attorney. Since they were not listed in the bankruptcy petition, that's likely why they don't know about the discharge.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X