Exposed personal info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exposed personal info

When I initially filed for BK the clerk entered my documents incorrectly and my photo ID (state DL) and my full SSN were visible on my filing documents. I didn’t notice it right away, but I after a couple days I did and I emailed them and they fixed it. Would this be strong enough ground to approach the SSA about getting a new SSN?

I don't think so. I don't recall if the instructions tell you specifically, but in our district you mask your SSN on Schedule 1, but you file a separate declaration of SSN which is automatically sealed in PACER. Ask the Clerk of the Court and see what they say about this topic.

I suppose it's worth a try, but the Social Security Administration doesn't issue new SSNs easily. You may have to prove that it has been "actually" compromised, file police report(s), and show the damage to your financial well-being.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X