Chapter 7 and keeping my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 7 and keeping my car

I recently filed for Chapter 7 and my hearing is scheduled on April 12. My lawyer put in the paperwork that I wanted to retain and pay which I have no idea what it means. I'm also like 2 months behind on my payments and I'm afraid that cap one will take my car. I'm waiting til I get my tax refund to pay the past due. Additionally, do I have to keep making payments or wait until after the 341 hearing.

Did you tell your attorney that you're behind in payments? That's a big deal right there. You need to keep up with your payments.

Welcome to BKForum.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      Did you tell your attorney that you're behind in payments? That's a big deal right there. You need to keep up with your payments.

Welcome to BKForum.
      Ye, when I filled out the papers, I said that I was behind in payments.

Comment

I would hope that your attorney told you that its extremely important to get that account up to date by the discharge date. That date could be moved up earlier if the creditor decides to file a Motion for Relief From Stay (RFS), because you are behind in payments, and the court grants that relief. Bankruptcy won't fix problems with not paying this creditor. You have to get and keep current. Once the discharge is entered and the stay is lifted, or the creditor gets a granted RFS, then you are back to being subjected to a repossession.

I noticed that you wrote it in your paperwork, but did you verbally tell the attorney you're behind and ask the impact?
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X