Paying credit card bills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paying credit card bills?

Hi, I am going to see a attorney Wednesday about filing Chapter 7. I am in the process of paying my weekly bills, and so far, I am not behind on any of my credit cards or loans. But since I am going to talk to an attorney, I am thinking about not paying the credit cards and loans until I do. That will put them late. I am never late on my bills (but that is coming to an end because I can't keep up the payments). My question is, should I go ahead and pay the payments before seeing the attorney, or just let them be late? Unfortunately, this is the second time I have had to declare Chapter 7, COVID definitely put me back in a bad financial situation. I am almost 100% sure I am going to be able to meet the requirements of Chapter 7. Should I pay or not? Thank you...

How long since you filed Chapter 7 the first time? If I recall correctly, Chapter 7 filings must be separated by at least eight years. Regardless, if you are about to file, then stop making payments on your unsecured debt.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

The discharge was January 2015. So it has been 8 years. I said I would never do it again, but the pandemic changed all that. Thanks for your reply

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X