rent a center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rent a center

if i take out stuff from aarons will they come get it back from me if i file a chapter 7

I would say that they would come and take their items. The contract that you likely signed is a retail lease agreement. In the Chapter 7 you need to determine and communicate your intentions via the Statement of Intentions form. You would also list the lease on Schedule G. In other words, you must either reject or assume the lease. While they may not want the items back, I'm relatively sure they'll come and get them if you reject the contract.

Bottom line is that you must continue to pay or face repossession of the items.

While the Chapter 7 is active they will not take any action to recover the items unless they file a motion for relief form the stay or you mark "reject" on the statement of intentions and schedule G.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X