Buying a car after Ch. 13 discharge??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a car after Ch. 13 discharge??

Ever since my chapter 13 discharge I have been receiving ads in the mail for buying a car saying approved and time is running out but I don't know if it is a good idea or if this is some type of scam. I do need a new car however I am unsure if this is a good idea and would like some help. I believe my credit score is 675 right now but I don't have a good credit history in regard to not a lot of credit cards. I wonder if a creditor would be able to see in the past 4 years I have not made one late payment on any of my Paypal payment plans and the few credit cards that I did have before I had to close the accounts due to filing. I have never had a car loan before.
    Any advice??

Welcome to the forum.

There is no such a thing as "time is running out"; anybody who says that should be avoided, period, full stop, the end.

Regarding your credit score, where did you get the 675 from?
    Latent car nut.

Comment

If you need a new car go about it as you normally would do. We bought a new car for my husband within a few months of the discharged BK13. We did tell the sales person and they brought the financial out to talk to us. Since BK was over it was not a big deal. And the interest rate wasn't terrible, not the best, but it was OK.

You can just buy as car as usual, go to whatever dealerships you want and find the best deal. We wanted a specific type of car and it was harder to find one so we did not try other dealerships. But if you want to investigate different cars/brands, etc go for it!

We are post BK over a year and we still get those advertisements to buy cars.
      I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X