Ch 13-how to find total owed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ch 13-how to find total owed

This summer marks 60 months of my Ch 13. We filed on 6/28/19 and the first payment went through on 7/1/19. Is the 60 months from the 7/1 date? I have looked all over NDC and can't find that information.
    Also...where can I look to see how much I have left to pay? I tried to discuss with my attorney....but it wasn't a productive conversation. (Believe me...wish we'd shopped around...).
    Any insight?

Other than for Michigan and another State, the payment period begins on the first date you made a payment to the Chapter 13 Trustee. You can look at the NDC to see your "total plan base" and then your total paid to date. This number is usually accurate but may lag behind the Trustee's actual receipts. Only the Trustee's numbers should be used when making decisions.

If you are in a 5 year plan because you were over-the-median, your plan base could get adjusted since you must remain in the plan for the entire 60 months. This is another reason why the plan base is not especially useful. It does, however, give you a good idea of what was expected to be paid to the unsecured creditors over the life of the. plan. Sometimes the Chapter 13 Trustee doesn't adjust this until near the end of the plan to account for any additional funds received such as tax refunds or bonuses that were surrendered but not accounted for in the plan.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X