No announcement yet.

Chapter 7 discharged in Feb 2017 but SBA loan not yet showing "Uncollectable"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 7 discharged in Feb 2017 but SBA loan not yet showing "Uncollectable"

My Chapter 7 discharged in Feb 2017 but an SBA loan that was discharged then is not yet showing "Uncollectable". I left a phone message with the SBA but have gotten no response. I need a letter showing it as uncollectable before I can buy a home with my VA benefits. Does anyone have advice for me as to how to make this happen?

I have none in this area. I'm guessing that the loan is in CAIVRS, right? I don't know how to get anything out of CAIVRS as I never had an issue with a unpaid government (government-backed) loan. Your best avenue is the one that you are traveling; contact the SBA and ask what you need to do.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I responded to a thread many years ago. I didn't have an answer then, and no one else responded to the thread.

Veterans filed Chap 13 then converted to Chap 7 and were discharged 3 years ago. Credit stabilized subsequently. Now they seek to refinance but are being flagged by SBA which refuses to unflag. I contend that to flag a debtor for an unenforceable debt is discriminatory and in violation of bankruptcy code.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X