About to file.... and getting nervous.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About to file.... and getting nervous.

Well, at long last, we're about ready to file. We're going to file pro-se on Thursday, October 12. After all the delays, attorney screw ups, collection calls and uncertanty... we're finally going to get everything in motion.

Now, of course, we're just terrified that we'll forget something or not file something correctly etc. etc. The one thing we can take comfort on is that if that worthless attorney we were working with can make a living at it... then it really can't be all THAT hard.
    Filed Ch. 7 Pro-Se: 10/12/06
    341: 11/6/06 (went AMAZINGLY well!)
    Discharge: 1/12/07
    Closed:1/19/07

Good Luck, Lost!!

Fingers crossed and praying for you here!

You're a braver soul than I am my friend.
    Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
    Discharged - 12/2006
    Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
    Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Originally posted by LostOne0069 View Post
      Well, at long last, we're about ready to file. We're going to file pro-se on Thursday, October 12. After all the delays, attorney screw ups, collection calls and uncertanty... we're finally going to get everything in motion.

Now, of course, we're just terrified that we'll forget something or not file something correctly etc. etc. The one thing we can take comfort on is that if that worthless attorney we were working with can make a living at it... then it really can't be all THAT hard.
      Good luck, Lost - we're all rooting for you and hoping all goes smoothly with your filing.
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget