Haven't paid my car lease for 3 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't paid my car lease for 3 months

what's the longest time you had a lease/finance car , not paid for it, before they come to repo it?

what if they never do? thanks for any feedback

Hmmm, never have been in that situation but repo man is stealthy, the car will disappear before you know it!

Best Wishes, Catchmeifyoucan
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I would be guessing any time now

We were late almost 60 days on our truck, the customer service rep told us to not go past 60 days, we were 60 days past due for 7 mos! She said they really don't want the truck back so as long as we are making payments they are happy.

Comment

The lien holder generally first makes attempts to collect the past due amount at the 45, and 60 day marks. And generally starts arranging for a repo at the 90 day late mark. But again, this really depends on the lien holder, the value of the vehicle at hand, and the maturity of the loan etc
        The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Originally posted by CATCHMEIFYOUCAN View Post
          Hmmm, never have been in that situation but repo man is stealthy, the car will disappear before you know it!

Best Wishes, Catchmeifyoucan
          Personally,........... I'd be prepared for a repo at any time. Like CMIYC said, they come when you least suspect it. Middle of the night while you're asleep is one of their favorite times.

Don't leave anything personal in the car at any time. That way you're covered if you come out and find your car is gone.
          Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
          Discharged - 12/2006
          Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
          Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Originally posted by Scream2Death View Post
            what's the longest time you had a lease/finance car , not paid for it, before they come to repo it?
            what if they never do? thanks for any feedback
            You may also want to consider just voluntarily surrending the vehicle...if at all "possible". A lot of folks just just playing hide-and-seek with the repo-folks, because they have no other means of transportation, and/or cannot make other means do to financial circumstances.
            The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

BB&T waited 93 days before coming and getting my wifes ford windstar today, I was so happy when I came home and it was gone.........man I hated that POS

Comment

Scream2Death I was in a similar situation. I actually did a voluntary surrender on 022307. I just called my lienholder and told them where to pick up the car and they sent my paperwork. Either way they both are bad. I kept my car in the garage so they couldn't get it and they didn't know where I worked at since I switched my job after my lease and never updated them with the info..oops.

Comment

We're in the same situation. We're behind almost 4 months...they already had the stay lifted, so I know it's coming, but we're going to convert anyway, because of a drop in income, and surrender it anyway.
                  Filed CH7 - 10/13/05;
                  341 Meetings: 11/28/05, 3/20/06, 12/4/07 (3d time's a charm!)
                  Converted: 2/15/06 (to CH13), 10/15/07 (Back to CH7)
                  DISCHARGED: 2/15/08

Comment

Mine was after the third missed payment. BUT it depends upon your state as well as your creditor. I ignored them until I finally got a message from the repo man, then I gave them my work address and they came and got it from me.....
                    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

I used to be a collector for Chrysler Financial and this is the approximate time frame.

The NOI (Notice of Intent of Repossession) would be mailed when the account was 45 days (2 payments) past due. After the 10 day waiting period, then the vehicle was put out for repo. My advice to you is to take your personal items out of the vehicle. The repo is going to happen any day now.
                      sigpicPersevere: "To continue a course of action, in spite of difficulty, opposition or discouragement."

Chapter 13: Discharged 03/15/2010. Closed 05/19/2010::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X