Dogs vet bills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dogs vet bills

If I were to take my dog to the vet, for annual checkup and nasty ear infection and run up what will be most likely a $375 bill, will this go against me two weeks before filing? I didnt pay my one huge CC bill this month due to lack of funds..(had to pay car payment and insurance, hubbys DL renewal, and bought food..gotta eat too! )
    I have some tax return money I was going to use for lawyer. Can I use this for my doggie or will the trustee go ballistic? I read on another board of a trustee going bonkers on excessive vet bills and calling pets entertainment. While I will say they are entertaining, lets be real.
    To me its inhumane to not have a possible infection taken care of.
    WAM
    ch7 8/07 CLOSED: 11/07 Rebuilding and saving.
    WAMU unsecured $2,000 Capital One unsecured $500
    PAID OFF MONTHLY!!!

Dogs are people too!!!! I have had my dog for 14 years - no-one is going to tell me that I can't take him to the vet when he is sick and needs treatment. I didn't know I was going to be filing 14 years ago when I got him, as I am sure majority of pet owners didn't know when they got their pet.....so I don't understand why some Trustees have such an issue with a furry family member!

Also, I think you can get in trouble with the ASPCA if you DON'T get treatment for a pet when it is sick......so damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I'd say take your dog to the vet. :-)

P

Comment

$375 is not a large enough amount of money to be concerned about. If it were in the thousands that would be a different story...

Comment

Well, I hope it doesnt cost more cuz that all I have!! Last time he had ear issues it was a five month ordeal that went over a thousand....one of those breeds with ear hair that needs to be pulled by a groomer every six weeks. Or else....one of those dogs thats allergic to everything too. Spring is here and again he is weeping, sneezing & itching!!!
        (Me too actually!)
        Thanks
        WAM
        ch7 8/07 CLOSED: 11/07 Rebuilding and saving.
        WAMU unsecured $2,000 Capital One unsecured $500
        PAID OFF MONTHLY!!!

Comment

We included pet expenses. Food, litter, Vet visits, in our monthly Expenses on Schedule J.

Just annualize this visit out and add the Vet bill in with your other routine Pet Expenses.

But there are Trustees that don't allow pet expenses. I've seen posts of Ch 13 Filers where the Trustee didn't allow the Filer's pet expenses and added that money back into their Plan Payment.

Just an FYI for you so you're prepared one way or the other. But your attny should know what your Trustee will and won't allow.
          Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
          Discharged - 12/2006
          Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
          Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

have you considered pet health insurance?? I've got it through my employer but you can get it on your own too. (brochures at vet office)Its saved my butt a few times!!!
            Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X