Couple of Questions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of Questions??

I was reading through some of the post on the board trying to get educated on what I am about to experience and I have a few questions.

1) For checking credit reports and FICO scores is there a particular website anyone can suggest to do all three at once?

2) For incorrect reporting of address etc should you dispute those? I didn't realize you could have that removed. Should you do these right away or wait until after bankruptcy.

3) Car insurance~ I saw something that said they ask if you have car insurance what happens if you don't?

4) I have started collecting information on who I owe etc mostly using my credit report and incoming bills. If a particular bill is listed with more than one collection agency do you list it each time? Or just the original debit or most recent if it is available?

5) I know you cannot remove any debit from your credit report but it will be listed as discharged in bankruptcy, correct? What about court records like garnishments etc can they be removed from your record or do they ever fall off?

Thanks
    ~You should always check the source otherwise its just a Tabloid"~Tahnya

Welcome

I was reading through some of the post on the board trying to get educated on what I am about to experience and I have a few questions.

1) For checking credit reports and FICO scores is there a particular website anyone can suggest to do all three at once?
    www.annualcreditreport.com

2) For incorrect reporting of address etc should you dispute those? I didn't realize you could have that removed. Should you do these right away or wait until after bankruptcy.

3) Car insurance~ I saw something that said they ask if you have car insurance what happens if you don't?
    You would probably get fined in the long run

4) I have started collecting information on who I owe etc mostly using my credit report and incoming bills. If a particular bill is listed with more than one collection agency do you list it each time? Or just the original debit or most recent if it is available?
    List EVERYONE ! that way you don't miss anyone

5) I know you cannot remove any debit from your credit report but it will be listed as discharged in bankruptcy, correct? What about court records like garnishments etc can they be removed from your record or do they ever fall off?

Thanks
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

You can get copies of your Credit Reports for free at the annualcreditreport.com website. You'll get free Credit Reports there, but if you wanna see your scores it will cost a nominal fee per Credit Bureau.

If you want to monitor your Credit and get scores, TrueCredit.com offers all 3 with online disputing for 2. You can access their service for a reduced fee from Wal-Mart's website. The financial section I believe. The link has been posted here before.

I've tried changing incorrect old addresses on my Credit Reports and haven't been successful. Same thing for incorrect names. But that's using online disputing. Maybe if you physically write a letter, and provide proof, the Credit Bureaus might fix the errors.

Never heard the car insurance thing. But, we did include auto insurance as an Expense for Schedule J and our attny had copies of our policies.

For listing Creditors when you file,........... List the original Creditor, acct number, address, and $$$ amount. Then start listing Collections Agencies. Say "On behalf of <<insert Creditor name and acct number>> and give the address of the Collections Agency. Keep listing that way until you list all Collectors associated with an acct.

Example,.................

Acct #XXXX with BoA. Address. $$$ amount to be discharged.
      ABC Collections on behalf of BoA, Acct #XXXX. Address.
      DEF Collections on behalf of BoA, Acct #XXXX. Address.

For Judgements, once the BK is discharged, you can go back to the Court House and have the Judgement removed. Maybe the same with Garnishments??!! As far as disputing with the Credit Bureaus,......... I'm not sure if they will remove the Public Report or not. Definitely worth a try.

Maybe others, more experienced in the Credit Clean-Up area will chime in for you.
      Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
      Discharged - 12/2006
      Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
      Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

It is not advisable to drive w/o insurance. This isn't a cute response. I have seen the consequences when you get into an accident....

It is a liability you do not need.....

Comment

I'd agree with Spartan. You have an accident post bk and you're on the hook for any damages. Also, if the auto is financed, and the lein holder discovers you've no insurance they'll either repo the car or, force place insurance coverage.

Comment

in regards to the insurance question, I was financing my car and the finance company required me to have insurance on the vehicle or they would've objected to the plan.

Comment

At my 341 there was a sign when you walked in the door that said if you have a car to have your insurance card ready to show.

I don't know about OK but when I was younger and lived in FL I let my insurance lapse (for just a couple of weeks) and the state suspended my drivers license. I did'nt find out about it until about a year later when I went to re-new my license plates and they would'nt let me because my license was suspended...huge mess.
              chap 7 discharge 06/07

Comment

Questions?

Thanks for the replies there was some useful information in there. I already do the free yearly credit report with my annual credit report. But I was reading where several people do there FICO scores as well. I went to the trans union site and cant remember my information to log in so I will have to wait until Monday to get it reset I am assuming due to the Holiday.

I am sorry the question about the insurance was just a curiosity question. I have full coverage insurance on my vehicle. I actually have no choice in the matter because I am not the current lien holder and part of my agreement was that I keep full coverage until the vehicle is paid in full. I didn't mean to get anyone worked up. I just was curious why they would ask if you have insurance but I guess if you are paying for it you have to provide what you are paying. Just another reason why its smart for me to list my car note. On previous post I had indicated that I am a third party so to say purchaser of a vehicle and it was questionable of whether or not I should list it because its not in my name. But obviously its a good idea since I provide insurance and would have to explain that monies.
                ~You should always check the source otherwise its just a Tabloid"~Tahnya

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X