Back City Taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back City Taxes

Do you need to list delinquent city taxes as part of your debts at the 341?? What happens if you don't. I haven't filed for my city for 3 years--I know I HAVE to pay those..I'm afraid after the fact they can garnish my paycheck..

It doesn't hurt ! List all debt, you never know you might be able to get rid of it since it is so many years old. It doesn't hurt to try/ask.

Best of Luck Catch Me If You Can !
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

You are required by law to list ALL of your debts. you can not pick and choose. Plus, what would be problem with listing this debt??
      Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

cindy

sounds great you can get all those loans at those rates..i didn't know credit worthiness was more important than payment history--you can have the greatest payment history in the world, but if you are buried in debt, nobody will loan you any more money, which is why you establish a good credit history in the first place..just a question..how long after your official discharge can you get those "good" interest rates??

Comment

Originally posted by howie789 View Post
          cindy

sounds great you can get all those loans at those rates..i didn't know credit worthiness was more important than payment history--you can have the greatest payment history in the world, but if you are buried in debt, nobody will loan you any more money, which is why you establish a good credit history in the first place..just a question..how long after your official discharge can you get those "good" interest rates??
          Hi,
          Are you asking a question related to this post?? I'm not sure what you are refering to...thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cindylynnsmith View Post
            Hi,
            Are you asking a question related to this post?? I'm not sure what you are refering to...thanks
            I think he/she's referring to your Signature Line where all your new LOC's are listed, Cindy.

And it's not impossible to rebuild so quickly. Start by cleaning up your Credit. Take a small LOC CC and work from there.

Plus, Ford is in dire straights, financially speaking. So they're VERY BK friendly right now.
            Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
            Discharged - 12/2006
            Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
            Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Can you see my signature line? I thought I removed it?? (i thought it was pretty anoying on every post and I don't see it on the posts....) Anyway, I got the ford financing about 2 months after my discharge with 20% down. My income had increased some after I filed, so my debt to income ratio was extremely low.

Edit: Ok, if you click on my name you can see it And, the personal loan through my credit union was approx.4 months from my BK. They were flexible because it is payroll deducted.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X