Just wanted to give you all a VERY LONG update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to give you all a VERY LONG update

Well it's been 8 months and the trustee from the Chapter 7 finally wore us down. He kept on getting extension after extension. After I paid the lawyer $$$ (I plan on reporting him once this is all over) I got a new lawyer (although the same firm). At least I feel he is really there for us. Actually answers the phone, CALLS me back AND does the work. He doesn't have a para legal doing it for him AND he goes to the 341 with us. My other lawyer never did one thing for me. His para legal did all the paperwork (wrong 3 times btw) and he had another lawyer go to our first 341. Anyway, back to my story. After one, I repeal one meeting new lawyer guy told us that we would never get a 7. He said that the trustee's sole job is to get people to convert and has an endless amount of money to make that happen. He said even if we one our first hearing, he would object. New lawyer guy also said that this would probably go on for another 2 years! No way could my nerves make it. So we converted. Now we're waiting for our 341. I am hoping that all the papers we originally gave to the trustee when we filed last summer still stand and I don't have to go and get them all again. But it will probably be ANOTHER 6 months before we're confirmed 'cause we have to wait for the IRS to make a claim (we're putting our taxes in our plan).

Anyway, just wanted to touch base and let you know, I'm much more in debt now since I had to borrow money to pay (old) lawyer his fees. Someday this will be over. Someday this might even start! BTW. They are garnishing my wages (my request--figure it's easier on me so I don't have to remember every month) and they already sent my first payment. Although I haven't even had my first 341, does my 5 years start now?

Thanks and good luck to all of you!

yes your five years started when you made your first payment
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X