paypal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paypal

Can a balance in a paypal account be seized? I ask because I got completely stuck with planning my high school reunion which is to take place in a month. Everyone who promised to help me with planning it has now dropped out and left me holding the bag. People have to be able to send payment to me so that I can pay for the park permit and buy a bunch of hotdogs at Costco. Am I going to have to wait until after the reunion to file now? I can't take the chance that they are going to seize the money cause if they do I'll have no way to pull this off. This is so freaking horrible. How much worse could things possibly get.

Any chance you can just take the money out of Paypal and put it in an envelope at your house? We're leaving very little if anything in our Paypal account, I've heard that Paypal has closed accounts before, but that's if you have a CC or Paypal Buyer Credit with them, not sure on the account itself, as a matter of fact, I didn't list my Paypal account at all. Should I have?
    Petition Filed 6/4/07 :clapping:
    341 meeting 7/31/07 :clapping: :unsure:
    First Meeting Held and Trustee's Report of No Distribution 8/2 :yahoo::yahoo:
    10/15/2007 - DISCHARGED!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I had a credit card with Paypal and an account. I didn't list my account on my BK but I did list my credit card. Paypal shut me down - credit card and account. I would definitely take that money out of the account and change your phone number on line and even get your checking account linked to the Paypal account off of their too ! Better be SAFE than SORRY ! The reason I didn't list my account is because I didn't owe anything and wasn't expecting any money from them either. The Trustee does pull up a credit report on you anyways and can see what kind of credit you carry. No questions or inquiries as why I didn't list the account.

Best of Luck, Catchmeifyoucan
      July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
      Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
      Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
      Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I don't have a credit line with paypal. Only a debit card. My account has been in good standing with them for 10 years. I need the paypal account o be able to coordinate this event, so I guess that means I'll have to wait. Geez.

Comment

Yeah, just wait it out and see what happens. Come to think of it I had a debit card (which I assume was linked to my line of credit with the on line account), AND I had a credit card too. My line of credit had always been in good standing to. I paid the minimums up to the day I filed.

Best Wishes, CatchMeIfYouCan
          July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
          Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
          Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
          Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I just have PayPal acct for when I bought auction items. Ebay stuff. Changed over and had my Debit Card linked to the acct. No money sitting there, tho.

Never thought to mention it to the attny. Didn't list it or include it in BK. Mine is still open and active.
            Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
            Discharged - 12/2006
            Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
            Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

I had a deibt card and its still active. No problems.
              Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X