top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once you file when is the soonest you can start making more money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by howdidithappen View Post
    right after you file? Or you get a pay raise?
    If it's before your 341, then if the trustee asks during your 341 if your income has changed since you filed, you get to answer "yes". Hopefully the increase will not push you over your state's median income if you are filing Ch 7. If you are filing Ch 13, increasing your income could change your monthly payment and require filing an amended plan.

Bottom line - it's best to wait to start a new job or see if you can delay the pay raise until after your 341 is over.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

From what I've read on this forum, it really depends on your trustee and district. Some trustees want to know about every penny; in our district (CA) our trustee (Ch 13) doesn't care about income increases or tax returns. Hopefully you are in a favorable district with a nice trustee. Our lawyer said the trustee and judge interpret the law to look at the last 6 months' income, not looking foward to future income.

The trustee gets more money the longer your plan runs and you keep making payments, so you'd think they'd want you to be successful with this - but who knows what they're thinking?

I'd ask your attorney what your trustee wants to know about - he or she should know.

Comment

wanted to say sorry for the spazz catchme.

This is in regards to any kind of increase of cousre if I won a mil I would not be worried. I want to start working more and would make about 800 more a month however I have decided to wait until I am in the clear so 180 days from the discharge date is considered safe right?
        Chapter 7 Filed 10/17/07
        341 mtg. 11/15/07
        Discharged 2/19/08
        Closed on 2/26/08

Comment

If it is earned wages, then once you sail through the 341, you are in the clear.

You don't have to wait till 180 days after initial filing. That particular clause refers to special windfalls. Earned wages are not affected by it.

Comment

too bad

If you (anyone) wins the lotto, one million, 5 million, why would you worry about the $20-$50,000 the trustee takes?

WISH THEY WOULD KNOCK OF THE BK OFF YOUR REPORTS TOO ! THAT WOULD BE NICE ! and up your scores while their at it ! BUT I guess THAT would be ASKING TOO MUCH !

CMIYC
            July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
            Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
            Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
            Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X