Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question

As a contract laborer I recieve a check weekly in which no taxes or withholdings, if I don't cash it at a bank, therefore it never shows up in my account will I regret it.
    My "normal" job check does go into my account so they'll be able to see those transactions based on that income. We're not talking about a lot of money (mabe $2,500) but we're right on the cutoff of Chapter 7 vs. 13.

Thanks in advance.

Also once you file they take a picture of your account from that day and go backwards for 6 months at what point can they check on my account after filing.

Have you paid taxes in the past on such earnings?

You might end up with a can of worms here if the Trustee finds out. Not only that but if his research shows you received the money but didn't pay taxes on it, the IRS can come.

Its up to you but its in your best interest to openly admit the income and include it in your paperwork in my opinion.
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

No, I don't pay taxes on it until April of 2008. Am I mistaken in thinking that once we file I can deposit these checks in our account. Again, we're not talking about much money and cashing them other than my bank leads me to believe that there's no paper trail until filing taxes in 2008

Thanks.

Comment

bump.

Comment

When you file bankruptcy your claim ALL income at the time whether its in cash, check, or bank account..... and whether you've paid taxes on it yet or not.....

If your asking us to tell you to "let this money slide" right now till your bankruptcy is over...... that's fraud in the trustee's eyes....

Be carefull, will bite you in the butt.....
          Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

If for some reason your BK get delayed until close to tax time or even if its not delayed, but just in the normal time frame, sometimes the trustee will require you to provide a copy of your tax return before they will discharge your case!!!!! then you would be in a PICKLE, MISTER!!! Be honest in all you do related to this bk. It seems like it would be easy to get away with being dishonest, but they have their ways!
            Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

I would go ahead and cash the checks. List them on your schedules. Use the money to do vehicle repairs, see eye doctor, stock the pantry, etc (In other words normal routine things). Keep receipts in case the Trustee asks where it went.
              May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
              July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
              September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X