Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping a credit card when filing Ch. 13

Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
    341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
    Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

By law, you must list all of your creditors, you cannot pick and choose which creditors to include.
    Filed 07/07, $120k unsecured debt
    Plan: $400 (includes cram down) 60 months
    Brilliant attorney, decent trustee, awesome plan

Comment

if it has a zero balance you do not have to include it. And then technically you would have to pay in full each month because you cannot take on new debt during a chpt 13 without a trustees permission
      Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

If you are fortunate enough to have a CC keep you on after BK, then you did well. The CC makes that decision, not us. I understand it does happen but is very rare. This was my first concern also. Unfortunately it does not work that way. It would have been in my favor if I could have just filed on the medical bills and kept my cards but they want everything not just the ones we cannot pay and it does not even matter how long and good a persons standing is to a lender.

That is how I understand it for now.

Comment

Hi Cindylynnsmith. Good to see you around. I always appreciate what you offer here.

Comment

Thanks!
            BTW, southernebelle, what company is your card with? Bandit has a good point. Regardless of whether you want it open or not, the company may close it when they find out you file. Amex will close, BOA will close...most of the other major ones will. HSBC will keep open as well as Juniper and Columbus Bank and Trust...as long as they are not included! Good luck.
            Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

The card is with a local credit union. I also have Juniper with a balance on it, but because of my income will have to file Ch. 13. I guess I will look into prepaid cc's or struggle without until I can get a small unsecured card. Thanks for the info.
              Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
              341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
              Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X