Bank of America returning customer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank of America returning customer

I had an account with BOa in 2005 which I had a couple overdrafts and never could afford to pay off my checking account. Now 2 years later im discharged from bankruptcy and all information from chexsystems has been removed from my account including boa.
    I opened an account 2 days ago which was a MAJOR pain in the a** to begin with because bk or not it still showed i had an od account with them. It was up to the manager to ok it which he did. But now I just get a call from him saying "oh we cannot give you a check card cause of your old accounts" Also he is monitoring my daily balance. Seriously what the hell why is BOA so discriminatory to bankruptcies. Ive had a checking account successfully now for 2 years and was interested in switching to a "better" bank
    Last edited by gamblingsucks; 10-05-2007, 09:08 AM.
    08/01/2007 Discharged Chapter 7 Pro Se
    8/04/2007 Case Closed
    8/8/2007 Bought New Car 2005 Nissan Altima 27k miles Capital One Finance 25% APR
    8/19/2007 Disputes for 3 Bureas finished, score right now ???????????????????

Get another bank. I, personally, hate BoA. I'm with capital one and have been happy so far.
    Chapter 13 Filed "Old Law"
    Filed: 6/2003 Confirmed: 3/2004
    Early pay off sent: 10/05/2007 - 9 months early
    11/16/2007 - Discharged!

Comment

Our bank just went thru another merger where they acquired yet another Banking Company. Our bank is getting rather sizeable now.

A month or so ago, I was in the lobby one day. So I casually asked,......... "BTW,........ You aren't getting big enough yet that Chase or Citi or BoA will be interested in gobbling you up?" The teller said it will probably be BoA. Our bank has already sold off all CC accts to BoA. BLECH!!

That comment made me worry that we needed to look for another bank to open an acct with. A CYA for if/when BoA does acquire our bank. Now hearing your story, opening another acct will definitely go on the "To Do" list.
      Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
      Discharged - 12/2006
      Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
      Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Go with a small local bank. I am on Chex system too. But after 341, I went to open a saving account at a local bank,and I told them about the Chex system, they took a look and insisted that I have the checking account too.

If it is a few years old and it wasn't fraud, and you didn't owe that bank money, they would likely to accomodate you.

Comment

I'd suggest going with a local bank too. I use a local bank and have used this one for a lot of years ( 7 years currently and then back in the late 80s/early 90s for 8 years ...the 4 years between I lived out west and had my banking at a local/regional bank there ).
          May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
          July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
          September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

once your bk is discharged you will be able to clear your chex systems and go anywhere you want!!
            Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X