top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debts sent to 3rd party collections so now I get more offers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Debts sent to 3rd party collections so now I get more offers.

Man, during the 6 months my CC bills were in in-house collections, the amount of junk mail I got was way down.

Not the past couple months since my debts went to 3rd party collections I am getting tons of junk mail.
    Seems everyone wants to sign me up for a new card now.
    What's up with that?

I have over $50,000 in debt on multiple CC that haven't been paid for 8 months.
    And now the same cards are sending me pre-approved offers in the mail.
    Must be once they leave in-house collections they forget all about it and put you back on the mailing list.
    7/01/10 - filed!
    11/20/10 - discharged and closed

It's crazy. I know how you feel. I thought once I filed bankruptcy I'd stop getting so many offers in the mail but now I get even more. Most of the letters even aknowledge the fact I filed bankruptcy and want to lend money to me anyway. It doesn't make sense.
    Kari
    10/12/2007 Filed Chapter 711/08/2007 341 Meeting 01/07/2008 Last Day for Objections
    http://www.bankruptisnormal.com/

Comment

These offers are mailed out by the truck/plane load by their marketing depts. Shred them, burn them, line your catbox with them, if you have a cat, and send back the postage paid envelopes empty. JUst for the hell of it, fill out one and see what's going to happen.

Comment

I thought about filling a few out.
        But, since I haven't yet filed BK, I don't think it would look too good when I do go to file if I have new CC accounts.

I could see offers after my BK is done.
        Then I would actually be a decent credit risk.
        But right now, I am just someone buried in debt who hasn't paid on those debts for 8 months.
        Doesn't seem like they would really want my business right now.
        7/01/10 - filed!
        11/20/10 - discharged and closed

Comment

If I were you, I'd call the 800 number in the fine print on the offers and opt out of future offers. Sometimes I think the offers are mailed through some 3rd party agreement (credit reporting agencies, etc.)

Comment

Now, almost 2 years later, that junk mail and pre-approved offer mail has gone way down! I only get the occasional thing now. I was getting 2 or 3 a week right before and after my BK.
            Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X