Chase closed account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chase closed account

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone before. I was trying to hold back as along as i can before i filed chapter 7. I have missed about two payments on CC, but i got mail from Chase that they have closed all my accounts with them. I was close to the limit on them anyway and had not used them since July. If Chase closes the account does that mean that they have already sent them to an outside agency or are getting ready to file a suit already? This is the first communitcation that i have recieved from them at all. I also think they might have my old numbers and that might be the reason i have not heard from them. Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone know what closing the account without any prior warning could mean? If they have closed the accounts, does this mean that i can pay a little at a time since the account was closed by them?

Thanks again for anyones help

Regards

HRH

Nothing new under the sun. A couple of months of missed payments and the accounts will be closed. Likely, the accounts will be worked by 3rd party collectors before much longer. They'll likely not sue for 6 months or more {or never}-who knows.
    They'll sure take any money you send but, why do that if you're filing bk?

Comment

Thanks Keepmine,

I just thought they would at least send me something asking for me to talk to them etc. Anyway, i guess i will just have to wait and see what they do.

Thanks

Regards

HRH

Comment

keep us posted because I have some chase accounts as well and I am worried and trying to pay instead of filing

Comment

Nope they will just close them usually close them if you go past 60 days; at least most of mine did.
          Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

I quit paying on my Chase card in Feb. '07. To date, they have not sued nor have the sold the account to an outside collections company yet. I imagine they are waiting to see what happens with my BK. My chase balance is around $9k.

Just before the six month deliquency point, they did offer me a %50 settlement on the account. Had I been in the position to accept it, I might have.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X