Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? regarding Home depot card

Hi,

We opened a HD card last month because we were in desperate need of a snowblower and they had a special 0% int until 2009 deal. We have every intention of paying it, we are not planning to discharge it in the BK. So I guess my question is, will they try to force us to return the snowblower if we file BK even if we try to reaffirm the debt? I don't even care if they close the acct, as long as they let us keep the blower and make payments. In NH with a 20ft long driveway it's not a luxury item, it's necessary. otherwise we're paying $30/pop for plowing!

So is that possible? to keep the debt even if they choose to close the acct? We were planning on closing it once the $700 was paid off anyways.
    CJ
    341 on 8/3, determined NO ASSET
    60 day wait was over on 10/3/08. Discharged 12/23/08

You will have to include that debt in your filing unless you bring the balance down really significantly before you file. And remember the Home Depot credit portfolio is run/controlled by those bums at Citibank.

Comment

Nothing in the code says you can't repay anyone you like post bk. They want money not a used snowblower. They'll work with you post discharge.

Comment

HD is Citibank once you file they will close your acct and you will keep the snowblower!

Comment

Technichally, you are not required to pay even if you keep it. You will certainly lose the 0% interest once you file. Filing BK is considered defaulting the account even if you keep paying.

Personally, I would include the debt instead of paying it off.... If they object, which I doubt, then you can work something out.
          Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

A used snowblower will not be worth thier time to repo.

Comment

I was afraid that since it was only last month it might be an issue. I guess you all think differently
              CJ
              341 on 8/3, determined NO ASSET
              60 day wait was over on 10/3/08. Discharged 12/23/08

Comment

Yea, I don't think this is going to be a problem at all. I wouldn't worry about it....move on to bigger and better things..
                Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X