No announcement yet.

Big Judgements but trying to avoid BK in New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem at all. I'm glad I could help. Regarding the screw the creditors thing, I had perfect credit for close to 20 years and almost no debt when unemployment and disability laid me up. When I ran out of savings, all of that hard work and *perfect* pmt history didn't matter a damn bit. The stuff they did to try to collect was just unimaginable to me, and even then I found out I didn't have it as bad as many others have. Then they started harassing my elderly stroke-ridden mother, which is when I just truly didn't care anymore. In fact, my sole regret was that I didn't cost them *enough*: my indebtedness was all for medical bills, necessities, etc.

Prior to that, I gave my last dime to pay my debts; I literally would have bled to pay them all, if it would have made any difference. Now, pfft. They can take my bk and carefully place it where the sun don't shine. I have no compassion for predators, and while some may view this as an institutional situation where no one is personally responsible, the truth is that at the heart of every business decision is a person or group of people. For them, I filed bk. Had they been willing to wait, and behaved legally in their collection efforts, they would have gotten back every dime, no matter how long it took me to pay them. So yeah, I understand all too well.

I can't judge you or anyone else here. That the circumstances that led you into bk are different than mine is irrelevant, because regardless of how you got here, you're here. I admire you for making a go of it for as long as you have. Life is way too short for judging strangers, eh? Me, I need mercy. Take care and God bless.
    Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

You're getting such great advice from FreshLikeADaisy that I don't have anything else to add. Just letting you know that others are here to support you but FLAD pretty much said it much more clearly and completely than I could have.
      Filed: 10/26/2006
      Discharged: 03/05/2007
      Closed: 5/19/2008 - Asset case due to balance transfer and income tax refund

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X