Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Status After BK and Employer

Situation at work...need advice!!

Had to file BK and had a foreclosure last year. Credit is shot because of two years in trying to keep our home (would have been better to just had lost the home when problems first started but hind-sight is 20/20!!)...

Employer is sending me to conference in May and wants me to apply for a company American Express for my expenses with me being personally liable for paying the bill or any charges not related to the trip. I have no problem with that but I know that there is NO WAY that American Express would approve me. Is a Corporate Card any different? With me being personally liable they will run a credit check? Should I just go ahead to my boss and tell them my situation or at least make up some excuse as to why I would rather not apply? They sent me out of town before but was able to put expenses on a co-workers card.

Good question, ask them if the card is in the companies name. They should be able to provide you with a corprate card with your name on it. If not tell your empoyer you are not comfortable with borrowing money for company expenditures. I have known people who mwhere tourched by their companie s filling chapter 11 BK and them not only loosing their jobs but where also not reimbursed expense accounts.

Comment

They will check your credit....probably not approve you. I would talk to your boss and tell him/her that you have had some financial challenges in the last few years and you are probably unable to appy for an AMEX and get approved.

Do you have another credit card that you could use?
      Maybe he could prepay the hotel and you could front the rest and get reimbursed. I'm sure there are other ways to do it.

Good luck and keep us posted.
      Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Thank you for the reply....I went out of town before and had told them then that I would not be able to get approved so they allowed me to pay for the conference and hotel on their card. I have no credit card but do have a debit card for expenses once I get there. Sure I can do the same this time with co-workers that are going.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X