X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Tactical Bankruptcy Manual

By - Nick C. Thompson
    Attached Files
    The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

That was awesome! Very informative. I wish I had that before I filed!

Comment

NICE MANUAL..... very informative.

Wish I had found it too before I filed. Would have saved me a lot of grief maybe.

Minny
      Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

I have a question for Todd. We received a Motion to Extend the time for Discharge in the mail on Saturday. Our discharge date was 7/1. The date on the document was of course 6/30. Anyway I freaked out and called my lawyer at home and after he insulted me about calling he told me this happened all the time and while he could not assure me it would be okay he thought it would. The motion said they had received some paperwork requested but not all of it but did not mention what specifically. I called the attorney's office today and his secretary said they got an email from the trustee but did not receive what we were sent. She also said she thought they scheduled a hearing on a motion to extend time and the attorney had to be there? A hearing to us we need to provide more paperwork? Are you kidding me? Why can't they just email him and tell him what they need? Our attorney said he even got these motions when they didnt want anything? That doesnt make sense either. What do you think? Panic time again?

Comment

Calm Down Edwards2,

Trustees are known for extending discharge dates because they are "behind in their own paperwork". And right now they are all buried under with people filing before Oct. deadline and the new laws taking affect.

Could be something as simple as this. So don't get too upset till ya got something to get upset about. If the Trustee is looking for something in particular he will notify your lawyer and you will know about it.

Patience is a virture - Panic is the fear of the unknown.

Hang in there, it's almost over......discharge is close at hand.

And there is "life after bankruptcy"...............

Be Patient,
          Minny
          Minny

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Thank you Todd and Nick!!! Really, really good manual.
            I'm in N. California ... Thanks for your replies!
            10/11/05: bought www.form7.com software
            10/14/05: Filed Ch 7 BK Petition pro se skeleton
            10/27/05: Filed all schedules, etc.
            11/17/05: 341 meeting (done!)
            01/16/06: Last day to file objections
            01/18/06: Discharged, closed

Bankruptcy LINKS

Comment

I couldn't access The Tactical Bankruptcy Manual....

Is there a website/url where I can access it?

I am dying to read it...

Thank you!

Comment

I was able to access the Tactical Bankruptcy Manual last night by using Internet Explorer...I have been using Mozilla and they don't let a lot of stuff by...

Comment

From the topmost post, look for the PDF, using IE, do a right-click, and Save Target As...

Bankruptcy LINKS

Comment

The Law of Reopening: Revisited

The Law of Reopening: Revisited

See >>>

<<<

Reopening a closed no-asset consumer bankruptcy case to add a forgotten creditor -- may not be necessary ... Many districts do not reopen cases... it's irrelevant... effectively, in a no-asset Chapter 7 case, any and all dischargeable debts are discharged, whether or not they were listed on the matrix and included in the Schedule F... So, sending them the first page of your petiton and case number and discharge date should suffice...

---

"The Law of Reopening: Revisited"

Any comments?

Bankruptcy LINKS

Comment

Page 74...'nuff said.

Excellent manual. My wife actually read every page this afternoon and learned a lot. Thanks!

Comment

Needs to be updated

This Tactical Bankruptcy manual link needs to be updated. The original author of this manual has updated their site and this manual for the new bankruptcy laws. The link can be found here. http://www.bankruptcy-divorce.com/In...Bankruptcy.pdf

Comment

Patience Folks, This Manual Is In The Process Of Being Updated And Will Be Installed Shortly In This Section With The New Laws And Limits For After October 17, 2005 Filings.
                          Minny

Comment

OMG a huge weight was just lifted from my mind when i read this - i know it's old but i just joined this forum recently.
                            my biggest worry with filing has been that i am scared i'm going to leave out a creditor or two because my debts are old and i don't have any paperwork or contact info for some of them... and i thought it would be a disaster if i filed and left some people out by mistake. but if this is true then i can relax about that. whew!
                            Monica
                            planning to file Ch. 7 - soon!

Comment

Thank-you !!!! This has really helped me get educated about Bankruptsy. Its a good start. I downloaded it for my husband and now he feels better about it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X