Finally filed & now emergency...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally filed & now emergency...

I was waiting to check PACER on 5/5/08 and to share the good news that we finally filed our BK7 on 5/1/08.

Dh was admitte to the ICU on Monday with a severe leg infection that turned into sepsis. They originally thought it was that flesh eating bacteria due to how rapidly (within a couple of hours) it developed and spread. It ended up being Strep A. We had a few really scary days where they weren't sure if he would survive. Thankfully, it appears that there was no organ damage and it didn't make it to his heart which is already problematic. We aren't out of the woods yet, but we're getting there. They just need to find a way to get the huge wounds on his leg to heal.

I have no idea how long he will need to be in the hospital. They haven't ventured a guess yet as it has been day by day. Once out, it will likely take a while to heal and he will be on IV anti-biotics for a while as well. Of course, I am worried as we have no money in reserve and he does get disability, but only at 60%. Our co-pays will probably be outrageous for a while, etc..

I am trying to just get thru each day, but it is hard not to worry about what will happen. Do you think I should contact our attorney and inform him of what is going on? Any advise you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

ReallyNervous

Absolutly contact your attorney. You may also need to add medical bills in your BK. I am so sorry to hear about your DH, my prayers are with him and you. I am very glad they figured out what was going on and got him medical care.
    Filed!!04/23/2008[X] 341 5/27/2008[X]Converted to asset case 5/26/2008 [X]
    DISCHARGE 08/12/2008[X]
    Converted to NO Asset case 12/15/2008[X]
    Closed 12/16/2008 [X]:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Definitely contact your attorney on this ... You didn't say if your husband's stay is covered by your health insurance or not ... but yes, contact your attorney immediately. Let him know the change.

You don't wanna owe a bunch of money on medical expenses after you come out of bk.

Comment

Did you attorney file it yet? Was it on pacer? If not you should ask him to not file it yet!!
        Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Yes, it was filed on 5/1/08. We have a case number and we have started receiving mail about the Financial Mgmt courses (one of which came on a post card which was really irritating).

Yes, we do have insurance. We have already met our major medical deductible for the year so it should mostly be covered with the exception of all the co-pays we will face. He will need Physical Therapy for wound care at least 3 times a week. Those co-pays are $30 each, so $90 a week, plus his meds, MD appts, etc.. I guess we may have to lose the house after all.

Thank you for your prayers. We can really use them. I will call the attorney tomorrow just to let him know.

ReallyNervous

Comment

Have you checked to see what is your out of pocket max? I know mine is capped at $1000 but it is different on most insurances.

And I will certainly add you into my prayers.
            Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X