Credit scores free?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit scores free?

I'm trying to rent an apartment but they have a minimum credit score requirement of 601. Is there any place I can find my credit score for free or a reasonable price. www.myfico.com wants $50, so that would be $100 for myself and spouse. I'd like to know before I start wasting time filling out applications and such. I used my "free" reports when gathering the information for my filing.
    Questions:
    1) Should I bother looking at report before discharge?
    2) Any ideas how I can get this free? Should I apply for credit, get denied, and then demand credit reports telling me why I was denied?

Thanks.
    Leftyf
    Filed Ch 7 - January 29th, 2008
    341 - February 29th, 2008
    Discharge - June 20th, 2008
    Closed - October, 2008

Hopefully other people will weigh in.

You can get a free credit report here, but I'm not totally sure the number is there. The individual actions (late payments, number of open accounts, etc.) are there.

By the way, on one of my credit cards, when I go online, they will give me my credit score.

Comment

It could still come out different when they run it. My experience is that is always comes out better when a creditor runs it. They all use different formulas for calculateing. Just go ahead and apply at your place of choice, check the box that says you want a copy, and then you will know for sure.
      Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

The only place you can get a real FICO score is at myfico or if you just want Equifax, you can use their site.

There are places where you can get discount codes, so you won't have to pay the full amount.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X