Calculating income over 6month period?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calculating income over 6month period?

Whats the right way to find out how much you make over a 6 month period? For instance I have some checks higher then others from forced OT back in may, and then some less last month from shorter hours. It kind of goes up and down over the 6 month period! Should I take all pay from that period and just double it to get the correct income, is that how the courts will look at it?

TYVM!
    Filed 10/20/08
    Discharged 1/27/09

Yes, in most cases any money you receive over the 6-month look-back (income from your job, 1099, cash gifts, one-time bonuses, etc.) is considered income. Doesn't matter if your income fluctuates, it's all considered income in the court's eyes

Take your total gross income from all sources over the past 6-months and divide by 6 to get your monthly income for the means test
    Filed Ch 7 - 07/10/08
    341 Meeting - 08/13/08
    DISCHARGED! - 10/15/08
    CLOSED - 10/20/08

Comment

NOLO CH7 book says to take all income streams for the 6 months, add them up, divide the sum by 6 = the average monthly income for the 6 month period.

i filed pro se, and my logic goes like this: if that's how i get my average monthly income for the purposes of filing, then that's how i'm going to get my average monthly expenses, too (sum and divide by 6). sure some months i spend more or less on food, but on average, it is x.

that's more than you asked for, but i read your other thread and know you're trying to pass the means test for ch7. this might help.
      Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
      (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

Thanks for the help guys! I had some un naturally large checks on my back end of 6 months thats not helping my cause. Hopefully I can wait until they drop off so my overall pay is more normal.
        Filed 10/20/08
        Discharged 1/27/09

Comment

yup, that sounds like a plan.
          Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
          (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X