I talked to B of A yesterday and told them I had no money to pay them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I talked to B of A yesterday and told them I had no money to pay them

Told them about my situation ( didnt say anything about filing BK which I havent done yet). They basically said tough toenails and gave me a 800 number for debt relief co...At least Cit gave me 2 months to work things out. Interesting that B of A wouldn't budge and there the ones making deals for .10 on the dollar when your really late..
    I thought ok your not working with me?? Then I guess your not getting any money...lets see how they will "deal" with my situation when they realizie I wasnt bluffing. There is NO money!

Banks are funny animals these days. On the one hand, they'll do a Forbearance or Modification on a mortgage with $30K in arrearages, but will call you 10 times a day to collect $100 on a $2K credit card.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by ready2puke View Post
      Told them about my situation ( didnt say anything about filing BK which I havent done yet). They basically said tough toenails and gave me a 800 number for debt relief co...At least Cit gave me 2 months to work things out. Interesting that B of A wouldn't budge and there the ones making deals for .10 on the dollar when your really late..
      I thought ok your not working with me?? Then I guess your not getting any money...lets see how they will "deal" with my situation when they realizie I wasnt bluffing. There is NO money!
      Go for it. They have the money to buy AIG, yet not the courtesy to help an indevidual? Not good business. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by ready2puke View Post
        What I have noticed is that you have to be 30 days away from charge off for them to take you seriously.

I am there so that is why they are willing to deal with me.
        Very fortunate in the grand scheme of things but have learned my lesson.

Filed 12/15/08, 341 1/12/09, Cont to 2/12/09, cont to 3/12/09, cont to 4/15/09, cont to 5/11/09, cont to 6/02/09. Discharged 9/16/09, Closed 10/23/09

Comment

I found this frustrating today as well, with B of A.

I am trying to help myself stay out of a nasty situation, and they hung up on me, threatened me and the rest of the dog and pony show. When I mentioned to them I am no longer caring about my credit rating, they started to change their tune.

However, when they totaled my expenses and saw I wasn't going negative, they basically said good luck.

Comment

ACH,

BofA bought Merril Lynch, the govt bailed out AIG.
            Filed Chapter 13 05/23/08
            Converted to Chapter 7 Jan 2012
            Discharged April 2012

Comment

I tried to work it out with B of A early on and nothing was possible. Then I started getting phone calls saying, oops, we really didn't mean it, that was wrong what that other person told you, blah blah blah. By then it was too late. I had already made the decision to file. That's their MO. Say no until it is too late and recoup nothing.

I guess the law of averages is on their side concerning the number of people who pay though as they continue to operate this way.

ep
              California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

I know what you mean, B & A keeps calling my wife's work. Which she blames me for so. I have to keep paying the 230 a month till we retain a BK lawyer. I talked to them at home and tell them we trying, but then they call her at work, then she makes me pay them, because she is embarressed getting the calls at work.

Comment

Originally posted by santadawg View Post
                  I know what you mean, B & A keeps calling my wife's work. Which she blames me for so. I have to keep paying the 230 a month till we retain a BK lawyer. I talked to them at home and tell them we trying, but then they call her at work, then she makes me pay them, because she is embarressed getting the calls at work.
                  Your wife can get them to stop calling her at work very easily. Tell them firmly that they are calling you at your place of employment, and that they are not allowed to call there.

That should stop the calls at work.
                  Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

we did tell them to stop, but this is the second month in a row they called her work and I had to pay them. Believe me, I'm taking a beating (my wife) every time they call. Things are getting rough, if you know what I mean, mainly because it's my fault.

Comment

we did tell them to stop, but this is the second month in a row they called her work and I had to pay them. Believe me, I'm taking a beating (my wife) every time they call. Things are getting rough, if you know what I mean, mainly because it's my fault.
                      Send them a certified letter telling them to stop.
                      Very fortunate in the grand scheme of things but have learned my lesson.

Filed 12/15/08, 341 1/12/09, Cont to 2/12/09, cont to 3/12/09, cont to 4/15/09, cont to 5/11/09, cont to 6/02/09. Discharged 9/16/09, Closed 10/23/09

Comment

Next time the call, tell them it's a FDCPA violation and you will file a violation if they call her ONE MORE time at work.

Here's your ammo...

Comment

Oh well least you were honest

I had similar dealings.

When I first had to leave my higher paying job (due to chronic back and sinus problems) Citi would work with me as did some others, Providian/Wamu would not.
                          May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                          July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                          September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Hey I tried now they can go to hell !!!! When they start calling me I can honestly say...I told you guys what was going on with me and you didnt believe me....blablabala
                            Just got a letter from Citi from another cc that i do have with them with a small balance that I've stopped paying on and they closed my act due to lack of activity....they mean lack of payment

Comment

I think CC are going to dry up in the coming year. Those with above median income probably will still get them but lower income individuals I think will find it hard to get a CC within 5 years.

I did the same with Providian/WaMu since they wouldn't make a deal, basically they were always below the line so they never got any money . In time though I had to stop paying everyone, just couldn't make it.
                              May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                              July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                              September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X