top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is weird I've received two of these in the last 3 days. Should I be worried?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is weird I've received two of these in the last 3 days. Should I be worried?

I'm not sure what this means, but I've never asked for this. Could this be someone trying to hack into my account or is this actually BofA trying to get me to log in?

Online Banking Unlock Code

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your unlock code: xxxxxxxx

You requested an Online Banking unlock code be sent to this email address.

Please return to Online Banking to sign in and enter your unlock code in the space provided. Your unlock code will expire in 30 minutes if you don't use it. If you're unable to return to Online Banking within that time, you can request a new unlock code be emailed to you. Only the most recent unlock code you receive will be valid.

If you have any questions, please call Electronic Banking Services:

For accounts in California , please call 1-800-792-0808

For accounts in Washington or Idaho , please call 1-866-399-0122

For accounts in all other states, please call 1-800-933-6262

For Small Business customers, please call 1-866-758-5972

This email sent to:
    [email protected]...

Because email is not a secure form of communication, please do not reply to this email.
    If you have any questions about your account or need assistance, please call the phone number on your statement or go to Contact Us at www.bankofamerica.com

man i would notify the bank asap. if you have not been on their online site trying to access your account, someone else is.
    Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
    (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

Do not click on anything; no bank will send information like that to you via email; your clue is the "urgency" of the situation which makes it scam material.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I didnt click on anything and I really dont want to call them since I've been not answering when they call me..if they get me on the phone well you know.....

Comment

Don't worry about it.. It it expires in 30 minutes.. then it expires.. Your not trying to contact them.. Delete the email and don't think about it again.

Comment

I googled a couple of the phone numbers and they aren't B of A. It's diffenately someone trying to scam you. I get stuff like that all the time.
            Filed CH13 November 2008
            341 with confirmation recommendation Jan 7/09 100% payback to secured and 10% to unsecured.Plan completed and discharge 02/20/13

Comment

phishing
              Filed Ch 7 -- July 9, 2008
              341 mtg ---- August 14, 2008
              Discharged ---- October 17, 2008
              Closed --------- December 11, 2009!

Comment

Oh wow thats what I thought...you googled the numbers? lol How did you do that? Im going to try it and see what happens..
                Thanks all

Comment

Here is something I found when I googled it..the other sites all say that it is BofA. hummmm
                  Bee - 31 Jul 2008
                  It's a phishing scam..got e-mail about bank of america update?
                  scam scam scam
                  When it's actually lonedrainer.com.au trying to get info.
                  arsholes

Well Im not going to worry about it. If its a scam so be it if its BoA then tough sh-t Im not calling you.

Comment

Good Morning America this a.m. did a segment on the increase in phishing and scam emails due to the economy and the closing of many businesses and the takeover of many banks. The con artists take advantage of certain situations to try to create panic in those who may have had or have accounts with those banks and hopefully receive their phishing/scam emails which they send out in droves. A scam email is easily recognizible when you have to insert passwords or private information (a bank, paypal, ebay, etc. never sends emails for this information) and also there is always a sense of "urgency" to the email (i.e. - do it now or your account will close, your computer will explode, etc., etc.). There is also a major website (name escapes me at the moment - if someone has it, post it) that lists all the most recent scams and phishing emails. It's amazing what goes on out there in computerland and how gullible some people are.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I get them all the time...there looking for your info to hack into your account.... just forward that email to

[email protected]

They'll email you back and tell you if its for real or not...don't have to talk to anybody

Comment

Yep, my bank has a big ad on the side of my online banking that says they NEVER email people.

I had a client once click one of these and what a mess! Traced it back to China's big firewall.... SCARY. Do you know what is takes to close and open a big business? And they did try to cash a few $21K checks! Luckily his payroll account was not online. Lucky he called me immediately to say what he had done.
                        Filed C7 Aug 31 2008
                        341 Oct 8 2008
                        Discharged Dec 9 2008

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X