If a Ch-13 is dismissed just before confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question If a Ch-13 is dismissed just before confirmation

Let's say you go through the whole process of signing the ch-13 petition papers with your attorney. You wait and wait and finally the judge reviews my plan and decides hey for whatever reason we cannot pass your plan, your case is dismissed. (Let's assume it's 3-4 months after I signed the petition at my lawyer's office.)

If I agree to dismiss my case -- does that mean the bk-13 on my credit report will stay there or will the credit bureaus take it off since I never had the ch-13 plan "officially" approved by the bk courts?

Thanks.
    Filed March 2009

I know of someone that went through the exact situation. When it came to the confirmation hearing, the trustee dismissed it, I'm assuming because she couldn't afford the plan with her current income. Well, she checked her Experian credit report not too long ago, and the Ch 13 showed on there, but it said "dismissed."

She didn't want to do a Ch 7 because she had clear title to her vehicle and the trustee would have taken it.
    Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
    Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

The date that lands on the CR is the FILING date. A dismissal is a real problem.
      Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
      Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Once the case is filed, the damage is done to your credit report.

Comment

Yes, once in your credit report stays there.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X