Advice since my Attorney is on hiatus!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice since my Attorney is on hiatus!

I am set to have my 341 on November 26th. My Attorney has become un reachable now that they have been paid in full. Suprise Suprise!

During the time period I was asked to provide very little in verifying anything, pretty much whatever I said went into the filing and I signed it was true (to the best of my knowledge). The only thing I had to provide was my last years tax statements and 6 month prior paystubs. I also was instructed to provide "ONLY" the balance statement on my accounts the day I filed. No past bank statements and nothing after the filing date.

Ok so here is my question, does the court / trustee dig through your personal records? Do they scan over every line of your bank accounts ect even after the 341?

I ask this because my wife does some random freelance writing and has a chance to do a handful of articles and get some much needed cash to help catch up on our housepayment. She is not on a payroll, or has been paid anything prior to the filing date. And it seems my Attorney was very specific to point out how everything revolved around a snap shot of your filing date.

What if she starts writing now, and makes some extra money? We are a month behind on our housepayment, and I need some extra money to pay my personal property payment by Jan 1. She would be paid via a paypal account, and we would not file out taxes until we are confirmed. Obviously this may be a little touchy, but my Attorney isn't calling me back. My feeling is if you have to swear under oath that everything in your filing is true, then it shouldnt matter if afterwards you start to bring in some side money?

However I didn't know if a mountain of extra stuff will need to be provided at some point that would show the deposits. My Attorney said I only needed a statement showing the filing days balance and my social security card and drivers license?

Oh... and one last silly question!

I laminated my social security card years ago... I know your "not" suppose to do that. Although the thing is so flimsy! Anyhow do you think when I go for my court date they will accept it?

Thanks
    Filed 10/20/08
    Discharged 1/27/09

I must have been blessed, because my attorney was great. I paid him in full 3 mths before I filed. And he answered any questions I had whenever I had them.

They are interested in anything up to 341. After the 341 you are good to go.

I didn't have to show what was in my bank account on the day I fled when I had my 341.

And I am not sure about your SS card.

Comment

Well I didn't look around hard enough before picking an Attorney. It was really hard, I went to a few consultations and picked the most easy going one. My wife wrote a few articles this week, made about 80 bucks. Should I just tell her to stop until the 341 and not worry about that tiny amount? Or just let her start writing on what she wants, she wasnt active on this the date of my filing so whats in the paperwork is all true?

We really really need the money, bad enough I would be willing to take the risk if it was pretty slight that anyone would know.

One other thing, she has a paypal account, the balance was zero the date we filed. They needed a snapshot of that, what if she now gets the money built up into the account but doesnt deposit it into our checking until after the 341? Do the courts somehow get into your paypal accounts after the meeting to check to see if you have money in there?
      Last edited by Mark80; 11-13-2008, 06:50 AM.
      Filed 10/20/08
      Discharged 1/27/09

Comment

They are only concern about how much you had in the bank the day you filed. So if paypal was zero then you are fine.

And 80 isn't that much, so I wouldn't tell them. Now if it is 100s or 1000s more then I would let them know.

Originally posted by Mark80 View Post
        Well I didn't look around hard enough before picking an Attorney. It was really hard, I went to a few consultations and picked the most easy going one. My wife wrote a few articles this week, made about 80 bucks. Should I just tell her to stop until the 341 and not worry about that tiny amount? Or just let her start writing on what she wants, she wasnt active on this the date of my filing so whats in the paperwork is all true?

We really really need the money, bad enough I would be willing to take the risk if it was pretty slight that anyone would know.

One other thing, she has a paypal account, the balance was zero the date we filed. They needed a snapshot of that, what if she now gets the money built up into the account but doesnt deposit it into our checking until after the 341? Do the courts somehow get into your paypal accounts after the meeting to check to see if you have money in there?

Comment

Ok I will just tell her to stop now and wait for the 341, I was just afraid they could do a paypal search and see the 80 in there and red flag us.

Thanks for the advice Cali I appreciate it!
          Filed 10/20/08
          Discharged 1/27/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X