General Advice/Guidence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Advice/Guidence

I just started thinking about bankruptcy. I'm 70K in debt (credit cards), have no savings and own very little, and have not had income for the last year or so, as I tried to start up a business (venture-capital type biz).

Now, I'm looking for a real job (sales) that will pay a salary and commission. But I'm pretty sure I'm going to miss my minimum payments for the first time this upcoming month. My rates will jump and I'm pretty sure in this economy I wont have an income (at least for a few months) that'll cover my minimum (around 1700) and rent (around 1800).

Should I just file now before I miss the payments due? Should I wait till I get a new job (concerned about them seeing the BK filing on credit report)? I've spoken with CCCS about their program but since I don't know my income going forward that is in limbo.

Any general advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

If you wait until too long after you get a new job you might not qualify for chapter 7. See an attorney asap and get some sound advice on the timing of your filing.
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X