341 tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 tomorrow

So, my 341 is tomorrow. I am a little nervous, but mostly just ready to get it over with. I have my SS card and driver's license, so no problems there.

Fortunately my 341 is in the AM, so I won't have to wait all day to get it over with.

From reading the threads, most people have sailed through their 341s. I have no creditors scheduled to appear, so far no claims, etc. Mine is a Ch 7 with no presumption of abuse and no assets. (Although their is inventory left from my shop, some of which isn't exempt. They can have it--I am just ready for a fresh start.)

Best wishes to anyone else with a 341 this week. I am glad to get it over with before the holidays--hopefully that will be the case.

Best wishes on your 341. They are usually a breeze, as you already know.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Hey stressing mine is tomorrow too! But unfortunity mine is in the afternoon so I know I will be a nervous wreck by time 2 rolls around! Ick I wish mine was in the morning Oh well all that matters is that they go well for both of us!
      Filed Chapter 7 Oct 24,2008
      341 meeting November 25, 2008

Comment

goood luck on your 341 tomm! just be glad your getting it over with and won't have to worry about it anymore! keeep us posted!
        Filed-10/2008
        341-12/10/2008
        Discharged-3/17/2009

Comment

Hey stressing mine is tomorrow too! But unfortunity mine is in the afternoon so I know I will be a nervous wreck by time 2 rolls around! Ick I wish mine was in the morning Oh well all that matters is that they go well for both of us!

Best wishes to you Chris--I know we will both be relieved when the 341 is out of the way. Let me know how it goes. All the best!

Comment

Hey, best wishes for your meeting! Mine is coming up in a couple weeks.

Just out of curiosity, how did you find out that you don't have any creditors showing up or any claims? Just curious about mine. Thanks, and all the best!

Comment

"Just out of curiosity, how did you find out that you don't have any creditors showing up or any claims? Just curious about mine. Thanks, and all the best!"

Haddit, I checked PACER. I think they still have time to file a claim, but so far none have done so.

341 went fine, asked about a dozen questions, all pretty straightforward.

Good luck with yours--keep us posted!

Comment

It is my opinion that whether or not a creditor filed a claim, has nothing to do with them showing up at a 341 meeting. There is no requirement in the code for that.
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Dont they have that 60 days to file an objection? So doesnt matter if they show up or not, they still have those 60 days to file

Comment

Originally posted by ready2puke View Post
                    Dont they have that 60 days to file an objection? So doesnt matter if they show up or not, they still have those 60 days to file
                    Yep!

Comment

Hey stressin, glad your meeting went good! Mine went good as well, the trustee was a very nice guy and joked around with us. He even changed our household to 3 instead of 2 since i'm pregnant! I was really surprised!
                      Filed Chapter 7 Oct 24,2008
                      341 meeting November 25, 2008

Comment

Hi Chrisi18 and stressin. I'm glad to hear that both of your 341s went well. Welcome to the 60 Day Club. WoodSprite keeps tabs ont the numerics.

Best wishes to both of you for an uneventful 60 Days. Happy Thanksgiving Day to both of you and your families, and all who read this forum.
                        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Good Luck!

It'll be a piece of cake? I was so nervous from day one I heard of my 341 meeting (1 month after filing). I went to the meeting and it was over in about 4 minutes for me. I asked my Atty. if that was all and he was like yes, that's it Ms.*****!

So believe me...You'll be fine

Comment

stressin what questions did they ask?

Comment

Originally posted by mmenz22779 View Post
                              stressin what questions did they ask?
                              The usual questions from my lawyer about whether I read the paperwork, is that my signature, etc.

Then maybe a dozen questions--most of them about my business and inventory.

How long had I been at my address?

Was this the only business I had an interest in?

Was I currently unemployed?

Had I been trying to sell the inventory since the closing of my shop?

There was one question about people I had paid more than X amount of dollars to--they were the landlords of the commercial property I had been renting.

Did I think that I could get X amount of dollars for my inventory? (I had valued it accurately, but since I had deeply discounted before closing, no I really didn't think the inventory would fetch that amount)

Was my husband's inherited property inherited before or after we were married? (It was inherited after, not sure how this affects us since the property is in his name only, and we are not a community property state. This is the only question that concerned me.)

Where was the inventory currently located?

What was the monthly fee for the storage facility where the inventory is located?

Have I ever filed for bankruptcy before?

Where did we live before my husband inherited the property?

I was pretty nervous, even though I didn't need to be. I was completely honest in all of the paperwork and did a very thorough inventory, etc. So, I am sure there were a few other questions, but I can't remember them offhand right now.

I felt that all questions were appropriate. If I have an interest in the property my husband inherited, it would be a factor in the bankruptcy. As it is, my lawyer put in an exemption for a percentage of the value of the property which might be considered an asset. The inventory would take up the bulk of the questions, because very little of it is covered in my exemptions, so they have to decide what, if anything, to do with it in terms of selling it to distribute funds to creditors. It is probably not worthwhile, but it's theirs if they want it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X