Met with attorney what's next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Met with attorney what's next?

#1 -Ok he gave us the paperwork to fil out. It says things needed for work session. What happens after i collect all the things needed, fill out the forms?
    What needs to be done before it gets filed? He said the next appointment only one of us needed to be there. DH his going to be out of town for a week. Once i turn in the packet how soon is it filed?

#2. Also i have some questions about the paperwork. I need copies of statements from creditors, collection agencies etc. How important is this if you don't have any. Some accounts we paid online, no paper statement and things that have gone to collections and all. What if we don't have any? I'm assuming I need to have all even it was sold to another CA. I should provide the 1st CA papers?

#3 In the statement of financial affairs it ask to list debt made in the last 90 days. Why is this and is it only dischargable debt, or everything we paid out, electric, water etc?

#4 the financial statement says " list all payments made within one year immediately preceding the commencement of this case to or for the benefit of creditors who are or were insiders? What does that mean?

#5 Setoffs, list all setoffs made by any creditor, including a bank against a debt or deposit of the debtor. What is a set off?

Than to anyone who can help me understand these as i fill out ALL the paperwork.
    Last edited by momof3b1g; 11-30-2008, 12:23 PM.
    FILED CH7: 03/20/09
    341: May 11th, 2009
    DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

1. In our second meeting, we gave him all the paperwork and filled out the means test with a paralegal. They ask you what your monthly expenditures are and what assets you have.

3. If you opened a CC or borrowed money in the last 90 days, it probably will not be discharged.

4. If you paid off a loan to your mother or sister or employee (insiders), chances are they will be sued to get that money back, and it will be equally dispered to your creditors.

Comment

For #3 how detailed do i need to be? I listed who i paid and the exact amount. they were mostly cc's we have had for awhile. So i guess nothing to worry about. Just alot of work. LOL

For #4 I didn't know this. But haven't paid off any insider loans, actually didn't have any to begin with.

Anyone have any awnsers for my other questions?

Comment

The problem with the credit report is that it omits the last digits of an account number. The last 4 are the numbers that are needed for the petitions. Also, a lot of times the credit reports won't show all the CAs that are attached to your accounts. A credit report is a great place to start but it will not hold all the answers.

Comment

Yes I have found that out. One of dh cc was transferred to BofA and the account number is different. But the numbers were xed on equifax but not on transunion. But yea i know there is stuff not listed on the CR. So afraid of forgetting someone. Wouldn't want to leave anybody out. LOL

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X