Income and bank statements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Income and bank statements?

I'm wondering how much the trustee looks at deposits on your bank statements. If we cash our checks do they ask where the money went? What if we have deposits outside of out paychecks? My mom has been sending us money to help with food/bills. We are below median so i'm hoping that it wouldn't cause a problem. How much do the trsutee question amount of money or where it went. If you should have been paid on X day and there were no deposits etc.
    FILED CH7: 03/20/09
    341: May 11th, 2009
    DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Bump
    Thank you all so much for all the information I have received on this forum.
    Chapter 7 filed 04/02/2009
    341 Meeting 05/19/2009
    60 day club awaiting discharge

Comment

We had some help from Dh's parents, and the trustee never even asked about it. The trustee didn't ask us any questions regarding our bank statements, or where our money was going.
      Filed Chapter 7 Oct 24,2008
      341 meeting November 25, 2008

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisi18 View Post
        We had some help from Dh's parents, and the trustee never even asked about it. The trustee didn't ask us any questions regarding our bank statements, or where our money was going.
        Thanks, i think each trustee is different. Ya just never know what they are going to ask about. Like alot have said the trustee won't bother with things if it doesn't cost enough. DH keeps saying they have to follow rules. Like you can't keep more then 1 tv, no matter how little it is worth.

Comment

My father filed a 7. They included the money my sister was giving them to help pay bills as income. He had to stop depositing the funds for a few months so that his "income" would be low enough to file. He lives in FL, his attorney counted the deposits as income. All sources of money counted.
          Filed 11/25/2008
          Confirmed 3/10/2009
          Last payment made 2/2012...

Comment

Thats what i'm wondering, did they count every deposit as income?

Comment

Note - we had to provide our bank statements for one year and an explanation for each deposit over a certain amount made during that time (I believe it was $500) and an explanation for each check or transaction over a certain amount (I believe it was $1,000). Be prepared for anything as you can be asked.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

We just had our 341 and the UST is asking for explanations of ANY deposit made that isn't directly from a payroll situation. They outlined 9 specific deposits over the past 6 months--one of them was a $20 deposit from a co-pay that I got charged that I shouldn't have been, lol! Another was for $41.33, so they are scrutinizing us I guess.
                11/18/08 filed CH 7; 341: 12/11/09, cont'd to 01/06/09
                03/21/09 341 hearing for CH 13
                04/27/09 Confirmation hearing for CH 13
                $199/mth for 60 months + $9K 2008 income tax refund

Comment

Originally posted by welovedis View Post
                  We just had our 341 and the UST is asking for explanations of ANY deposit made that isn't directly from a payroll situation. They outlined 9 specific deposits over the past 6 months--one of them was a $20 deposit from a co-pay that I got charged that I shouldn't have been, lol! Another was for $41.33, so they are scrutinizing us I guess.

Were you over or under median? I don't think i would even be able to explain all of them. I get $ from mom. We also get checks from our insurance for paying thr medical bills. Instead of them paying the Dr directly. I so hope they don't question it.

Comment

Sorry we were over the median, but d/t my DH's recent loss of OT @ work we would have been under if we could have waited longer to file. Means tests shows we have little left over (less than $100/mth).
                    11/18/08 filed CH 7; 341: 12/11/09, cont'd to 01/06/09
                    03/21/09 341 hearing for CH 13
                    04/27/09 Confirmation hearing for CH 13
                    $199/mth for 60 months + $9K 2008 income tax refund

Comment

Originally posted by welovedis View Post
                      Sorry we were over the median, but d/t my DH's recent loss of OT @ work we would have been under if we could have waited longer to file. Means tests shows we have little left over (less than $100/mth).
                      I wonder if that makes a difference. Beacuse a few deposits could be you with enough to file a ch 13. We are pretty far under median.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X